Your clients’ beneficiaries will have a lot of unintended expenses if your clients don’t take the right estate-planning steps –– especially if the plan is nonexistent.
In this episode, David Lenok, senior editor at WealthManagement.com, speaks with returning guest Megan Gorman of Chequers Financial Management about what happens to an estate when there is no plan in place. Using the ongoing legal battles around musician Prince’s estate as an example, they dive into the importance of having a plan.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The story of Prince, his estate, and his lack of a plan for after death
- Why some wealthy individuals choose revocable trusts
- What might have deterred Prince from creating an estate plan
- How to keep information about your clients’ assets private after death
- Estate planning steps that would have reduced Prince’s beneficiaries’ emotional and financial costs
- And more!
Tune in now for the long-awaited Celebrity Estates episode about Prince!